Saturday 21 April 2018

Pretty Gritty - Love Don't Live Here Anymore - deuce music- The Early Bird Eater

Hello and welcome back

I would like to introduce 
Pretty Gritty


Described as soulful American Duo
Proving that Pretty is as Gritty does, the soulful Americana duo known as Pretty Gritty now follow up their 2016 Lonely Road EP with the launch of their album Seven Year Itch.
Recorded in Nashville and produced by the powerhouse production team of Fred Cannon and Paul Buono for the Creative and Dreams Music Network label, Pretty Gritty have been gaining quite a name for themselves through their heavy touring schedule across the US.
Described as being
 like a male-female Everly Brothers, vocalized and playing what's come to be known as Americana

You can listen to their whole album, Seven Year Itch by visiting 


My first thought of Pretty Gritty is that the name really is different from the sound.
The sound feels soulful and gentle the term
"easy listening" 
is a great description of the duo's music.

I've never heard of the duo before and know little of the genre.
Although I do know going from track to track that I can imagine this being on my regular play list.

Everyone has types of music for each mood, this for me is something that I'd put on when I just got home, was cooking dinner and sat in the sunroom with friends having a few beers.
Driving the car up to the coast to the beach at Sandsend to dine at Bridge Cottage Bistro
 or listening to it on the way to my mid-year trip to the South Of France.
Top down, hand out of the car feeling the breeze and warm summer vibes as I go.

A perfectly balanced album with twelve tracks to take you from emotion to emotion.
It reminds me of a track by 
Charlie 

Track by track is the most beautiful lyrics, soft tones, a gentle vibe, like velvet brushing your skin but with music.
Gentle, provoking and imaginative.
The album makes you wonder and drift into somewhere else. Isn't that what good music is meant to do?
I also enjoy the female to male vocals which shouts Nashville. 
There's something in the veins of that part of the country it's like gold dust to music.
I know many people who'd like this album and many who'd of more than likely heard of them well before I had.
I look forward to this album erupting and hearing it when I switch the radio on when I start baking in the morning at work when I walk into my fave coffee house or a friends place and saying 
"Oh, I wrote about those guys!"

I suggest you put some time aside, sit and listen with no distractions, you'll love it!

 Also, I do wonder what Peel would make of this?


For a more information and to stay up to date with Pretty Gritty's plans past and present

The website
Facebook
Finally Twitter
This blog was brought to you by
The Early Bird Eater
in collaboration with
duce music

No comments:

Post a Comment