Tuesday 22 November 2016

Hello and welcome back
I have been really busy attending events and dinners 
Huge thanks to all that invited me,cooked for me was hosts etc etc

Let's start with 
The last leg of Hull's 
Humber Mouth literatute festival
HULL V'S LONDON
I knew little about the night ahead, what to expect who would be there, if it would be a full house or anything.
Held at one of Hull's premiere locations 
Kardomah94
In a building my mam used to work in many a moon back
Hosted by the dry humour of Russ Litten
The room was packed, happily I arrived just before it began if you know me well enough you know I normally don't cut it so close but needs be and all that
I had spent some time with Mike Watts, a dear friend during the day having lunch and happily he was there and greeted me
I took my seat and waited I took a fall before I got there, landed in a bush in the dark did not even ladder my tights
Don't ask, it involved a phone and a leafy wet path and legs up in the air
Russ got on stage and set the night off
An array of people from all walks of life
Most enjoyable 
A story was read, that came to an abrupt end
Some powerful poems spoken by a lady with the most delicate and infectious tone
A true Londoner telling us quotes from conversations he heard
(one of my fave ones)
JJ Bola who held his mark on stage and swept the room with his words Russ was indeed right he's a very attractive guy
Then to Mike
A friend which is foremost and the first time I saw him on stage, impressive energy a good northern soul telling us how it is
The night was the closing event, audience joined in there was smiles and laughter I look forward to next years events
Then to Lunch, 
Ladies who lunch

York
The Star Inn The City
Facebook
Website
The Star Inn The City is sat in the beautiful grounds of Museum Gardens just over Lendal Bridge
If you arrive from the train/bus station you'll go over the bridge to enter the city's heart
I have heard only good things about The Star
Vegan/veggie and meat eater alike 
I will and have to admit I was not expecting the rapture
You walk through a tunnel, into a yard with a wood burner and logs. It smelt divine
Edible flowers growing which made me smile
you just know that's a great start and then the door

Pretty staff, dressed for what was a stupendous lunch
Polite attentive and informative staff who listened and did not hover over us
( I am not a fan over over attentive staff,managers need to be aware both staff and guest need to be thought of. Yes I said it, I meant it!)

A menu was presented to us and then the specials menu also
I had no idea where to start or what to eat but made sure to have a coffee first as there was much to talk about
So to the food, it's all to easy to let you know I loved the place and did not want it to end

Venison Bolognese 
I went straight to the main dish

I ate a very good Ragu in Venice
The setting was equally perfect
Oh where do I start?
Mama would be pleased, it's a dish worth going back for over and over
Do i have one word for that dish
No sorry there's many
The pesto (which normally I loath) was luscious it was light in volume and perfectly balanced 
The venison it's self was warming, tender flavourful without being over powering
An instant satisfaction which can only be obtained through sheer good cookery
The Star is bold, yet calm
Huge windows to see out and more so to see in nothing like being sat near the water in a great city dining and feeling good, nothing!

Michael who's become some what of a friend is the head chef, we share social media platforms /chef life and food is the topic

I forgot to inform Michael of the date I would dine my bad we both came to the realization and Michael sent over these petite, stunning eye watering morsals 
(Okay, I admit I did in fact cry a little it was very very kind and I was humbled at the kindness)

My guest and I enjoyed every last mouthful
The see such talent, such dedication and to produce this splendour is a mastering technique of years of practice,dedication and love
The whole experience was an art, dinning at it's best I am telling you to book a table, dine stay over in York and don't forget to 're book to eat there again






No comments:

Post a Comment