Tuesday 29 November 2016

Hello and welcome back
My latest adventure was London
and 
The Red Carpet awards ceremony 

I have a very fond spot for London
It was the birth place of me getting to grips with life.
I was this young, not so naive teen looking to learn and have an adventure 
I found it and I also found myself 

Fortnum & Mason is the king of all places
It's a jewel 
The artist who created these beautifully sculpted murals is 
Paul Bommer
I followed Paul and his work after hearing of his work at F &M 
See more here
OR 

London had a buzz I rushed off the train dropped of my case and headed to lunch
Thankfully a table was booked and I arrived in good time to dine

See more here
The menu is an impressive mix of savory and sweet with a build your own ice cream
Heavenly for a girl like me
The pork pie and piccalilly was very moreish 
Bright and vibrant pickle
Thick and original crust pie
Their decadent Rarebit with bacon
Look at the sweet cone with my coffee!!!
The indulgence
Florentine ice-cream
Cinnamon stars and pistachio shortbread
I used to love passing by for the window displays




Soho going to 
Liberty 


Red Carpet or not I go to London every winter
Liberty had been a fave sins I was a teen
It's nice to see fans following suit and claiming it as theirs you go!

After a brisk shop and practically bankrupting myself I left
Then saw this on Wardour Street
Pretty staff, smiling collecting pretty cakes for lucky customers
Black Friday was very busy so I headed back to Shoreditch 

This via Timeout about Shoreditch
 I was staying at the 
I was vary of staying at this hotel, as I do have a fave place to stay in London however this place was way above what i expected.
Set a minutes walks from the underground and five minutes from Hoxton Square (a jewel!)
This hotel is modern, open and cool
Some of the rooms are small but they don't hide that fact, they are really comfy, well lit and friendly
From 5-8 they serve free wine and cheeses I went out just as they was wrapping up but lots of people was eating and drinking 
How many places in central London have that?




After a few drinks at Joes, Covent Garden
Why?
They serve some of the best damn cocktails I ever drank

The morning after
The Breakfast Club, Hoxton
I am not sure I am cool enough really
Don't be put of that I said that, this chain has so much to give
Yes, I did I said chain and if you are an avid reader you'll know I broke a golden rule
See this lovely lady, she kept that queue in check
I mean it there was a queue, I went round the block and came back 
Two people waiting so I got in queue 
Great coffee served well
Chicken 'n waffles at 11am

Breakfast of course ain't nothing wrong on this pate
NOTHING
A ten minute walk to 
Spitalfields
At the 
ACID JAZZ 
music event

Don't be
On then to Brick Lane

The abundance of street art is a prolific and non stop, I saw some been done live people don't bat an eyelid at it
Whilst down Brick Lane I was in search of coffe, a good coffee and came across 
KAHAILA
 Kahaila is not just a coffee shop on a famous street it's much more, not that I knew till I left.
I happened to pick up a great chocolate cake and an American girl started to talk to me who worked there. The cake was gluten free, drenched in chocolate. I was explaining about coffee bean shell flour.
I saw this really amazing documentary regarding it late one night, not only does it help save the planet as the shells become toxic to the earth it's also gluten free
Find out more below 
Here is a little more detail about Kahaila and their project
Kahaila is a Charity, so any profit that is made goes into supporting local community projects and other charitable causes. We are always interested to hear of new projects to support and work with, so please do let us know of any that interest you.
We are a coffee shop with a conscience, we want to make sure that all our products are ethically sourced and where possible, locally sourced, while still delivering a high level of service and product quality.
Kahaila is a space where community can happen. We want to give all our customers a place to relax, get to know people and enjoy excellent entertainment and new activities.
We want to take an active role in addressing issues that affect us locally, nationally and beyond by allowing people to engage with them through Kahaila. This may be by networking individuals with similar interests or just by informing people if current needs in the local area.

You must got the famous Jewish bakery, what to get?
The cheesecake and smoked salmon bagel

No comments:

Post a Comment