Thursday 3 April 2014

The chronicles of our Cornish adventures


Good Morning
Happy Thursday
Here is our true Cornish Adventure
It started with the essentials
Bags with oodles of choices hats my laptop and my fair lady
We travelled for six hours to get there
Route 66 was calling us
and I also took Who's that girl of course an all time childhood classic for a girl like me.

We pulled up at The Park and there she sat in all her glory
We both gleamed with excitement our home for the week waited for us
Find out more here
I went inside after meeting the staff and seeing the restaurant 
(more photos within the blog)
If you would care to see my review of 
The park
The Park has a beach very close by
Mawgan Porth has a heavenly beach stunning even in the cold
 The beach seems like it goes out for miles calm sands blustering seas and holding hands
The beach has a host of places to eat and drink around it.However I recommend The Park for all eventualities breakfast lunch and a lovely relaxed dinner.
I felt like a child again
Cornwall made me feel right at home
We walked around the beach checked the surf and headed out
Padstow is the mecca for any Cornish dreamer.
The harbour is a dreamy blue and the sun came out
Families lined the streets eating drinking basking in the delights of Cornwalls Padstow
We walked the streets and looked for somewhere to have lunch
Then this popped up
See more here
and
Rick Stein is a dream chef!I adore him so this seeing this sign was like a calling card.I felt humbled to be there.
The bruschetta was so light and flavourful.
  The Moules Frites was delicious and better than I had in France.Don't hate me for that the mussels was plumper.
We took a walk
There are so many beaches
The views make you want to run to the beach and soak your feet in the sea and sand
We headed back for more adventures at The Park and for me to make dinner
The Airstreams have full lovely kitchens I was really happy to see not just basics but more than enough kitchen tools to cook meals with ease.
A full oven with a separate grill.
Toaster kettle microwave it's never ending actually.

Local Rib eye(cooked rare/medium),lightly fried greens part boiled then roast potato,half a red onion with thyme salt and pepper roasted with a large field mushroom grilled with olive oil and pepper.

We found this... and what a butter
I made a breakfast the next day with some

Red onion,shreeded greens,crushed new potato and corned beef all fried in the pan till crispy and golden.
Make sure the plate is warm!
around the outside of the pale put the mix.
Then in the centre add the beans then the grilled bacon on top
then the grilled field mushroom.
We went to The Eden Project
Find out more here
The outside is as grand as the inside staff was planting and giving mother earth a helping hand.
 The tulips grew and the status amazed




                 The colours of the tropical plants really was delightful and smelt wonderful.
The Eden Project has a lovely restaurant to eat in!
and we has a lovely meal.

The concept of open kitchen and people serving you is wonderful.
A huge canteen where there are long sharing tables and sharing jugs is immense
You line up and go down the line to plentiful trays of pies quiches and bakes vast selections  of vegetables.
Cakes scones and much much more.
Sit share talk and be part of the eco lifestyle Eden wants you to be part of
 




We had nipped into The Park for tea and saw the staff hard at work Cooking making and baking

We then went to Glendurgan Gardens
Find out more here
with the National Trust
We sat with Mother Nature and listened to her.
Then there was Gelato
in Truro

with cannoli
 
We often had breakfasts in The Parks Cafe
See more here
http://www.mawganporth.co.uk/content.php?content_id=81
The park hosts a varied colourful menu and I was delighted.
Apart from the cooked breakfasts we had there was porridge which my partner Ade had which was delicious and also toast and jam.Yes yes toast and jam you say but the toast wasn't just a pre sliced bread it was cut on the front bench I saw him cut it which made me smile.
Real food real cooking and what's more lovely lovely people.
The Full English was DIVINE.

The poached egg was out of this world I dream to cook them like this!
They was like light floating clouds but with the most amazing yolk.


St Ives holds a host of goodies pretty streets and Tate
Pasty presto
Had hot chocolate on a tap!!!!
We saw alot and ate alot but then went home and I made burgers
with a DELISH salad to start with
The next day we headed to Falmouth
and there Maritime museum 
http://www.nmmc.co.uk/

Baker Tom's 
Of Falmouth is one of many independent shops



The Cornish Hen 
Penzance
Has the best Cornish Pasty I ever tasted

Also these pretty chocolate eggs I took out.
This deli in mousehole
It over looks the harbour and cottages
Here is more from 
Hole foods
See more here
Hole foods sits firmly in the centre of it all in Mousehole.
I have not been there sins I was a child however the memories flooded back.We parked up on the front and saw Hole Foods.
Of course I was tempted.I even paid for drinks and cake.
Okay okay I am treated well and looked after so yes it was very nice to look after my partner like he does me.
The deli has such a wonderful fresh feeling sizeable tables and chairs with the best view I think any cafe or place round there could get.The staff was not only professional they was really involved in the drinks and food which makes me happy.
Beetroot and chocolate cake
HELLO
It was all lovely.
You should go there... go on what's stopping you?
Beetroot cake and Orange and polenta cake



Then we went to Jamie Oliver 
15 Cornwall
15 Cornwall is hosted by lovely staff The gentleman that greeted us was more than polite we had a lovely chat about the other Jamie Oliver restaurants.
We was then lead the bar for cocktails.
This is a Heminway Daiquiri
Here is a recipe
(I can not confirm if 15 uses this exact one)
I also had a lemon fizz cocktail which was equally sensual.
Every course was exquisite
The starter was light with pretty green pasta
The rib eye main was like butter
and the chocolate tart was like I remembered making back in the day!
Thank you to all the staff who took great care with us a team of four meet our every need.
Thank you also for the Petit fours.

No comments:

Post a Comment