Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Tea Shop- Trinity Market-Hull

Hello and welcome back
Today's blog features 
The Tea Shop

I received a message from Trinity Market via Twitter, it began with mentioning The Tea Shop
Twitter which is a hive for creativity, robust in connections and deluged for someone like me with amazing companies and traders who offer the finest produce and products


After a very busy winter season and some extremely full days I managed to make it to the market

We all have to agree 2017 and Hull being the City Of Culture kinda swept us up and spat us out a fair few times, in my case more so
You may not have seen much of me but behind closed doors, I was off doing some major work within the city making sure businesses ran smoothly via my consultation

I had a whole day to investigate things or shall I say all things I had been missing out on
After seeing so many people talking about Trinity Market I really needed to get down and see what the fuss was about  

Of course, I'd seen the back part of the market change from what was a really and frankly gross drinkers bar
It had little to no place in that space and it was wonderful to see the market have money plowed into it and that bar gone for good

I was really happy to see the fruit & veg stall still there I used to be a Pie girl, yep I was the first girl in the kitchen and the vibe of the market and that part of town was really buzzing

The market itself has vastly changed, when I was a kid the floor wasn't even level and birds hung feathers and all, barrow boys ran around and it was chaos, it had true northern grit
I'm a Hull girl, grits in the blood

So to the space of Trinity Market
Of course, it's changed open, bright, fresh and has a mezzanine it's all very continental

Happily, The Tea Shop was open, brimming from shelf to shelf with the most exotic and brimming with delicious teas

Tea's and all the accessories 
everything you'll need to have a good solid brew
A clever little idea, take your tea, a very pretty cup teaware, and infusers all in one shop and go home to enjoy!
So that I did
My choice out of over a hundred teas
was Peach Melba 
I'm hoping in all sincerity that made you smile
Peach Melba is a staple, a true classic 
You know when you say something and it takes you back to the scent, taste, and textures

My first thought above drinking this tea was how can I infuse this tea into something to eat?
Jelly, a shortbread, a jam, a glaze, in a cream
Honestly, I still haven't decided

So it began with a film, bed and a hot water bottle 
okay and a really shite film
(shite isn't swearing, my mam said)
However the tea was good, I'd even warmed the cup up in the oven
The cup is hugely important though, bought in John Lewis specifically for soup I let that go and used it for the tea
The peach melba smell took me back to a beach as a kid, from what I remember the beach had a hut and all these flavours of ice cream
I remember my first peach melba taste and sensation 
The Tea from The Tea Shop took me right back as a kid feet in the sand on the beach looking out to the sea, probably with my step-sister nagging to try it
Instead of sand in my toes, I dug further under my duvet and blankets (all five of them) and drank the tea, warm, gentle and the steam was smoudling around the room embracing the cold and there was I enjoying every drop of that tea

The second time was this morning 
I get a Wednesday off so it felt a perfect opportunity to lay in, 
sleep well and put the stove top kettle on that sings to me make a brew, make a bacon sarnie 

(To the posh lot a bacon sandwich darling) 

Sat at the table with a warm glow through the blind in the kitchen there's a mix of a sweet melba sat in the pot with a knitted lil blanket over it picked up at 
Dove House 87 (Newland Avenue)
and the salty smokey bacon with soft white bread

The Melba was and is a perfect start to my day
the market and The Tea Shop is a true institute and a firm stayer to a growing and developing market 
I'm going to head back, buy more, share more and more than likely blog more about those teas and those memories
If you'd like to know more about
The Tea Shop, Hull

Which if course you would
Connect, watch & keep updated

Website

Facebook

Instagram 

Twitter

Brought to you by 
The Early Bird Eater 
&
Trinity Market

No comments:

Post a Comment