Thursday 13 November 2014

Hello and welcome back
Welcome to all my new readers also!
I have been very busy 
Here are my finds 
Something for Christmas from Hull
This event that is going on in Hull 
On Sunday Christmas in Hull
The most amazing internet video to date
The wall at my work
Who needs a diary when I have all Hull's
entertainment on my wall at work
See more here
This amazing decoration 
This tea pot and crockery 

So after work Monday I really needed to go get some things from the Chinese supermarket 
There are many in Hull but the best by far is in the city centre.
 I always passed the foam boxes and never gave them a thought till Monday when I saw huge crabs lobster and prawns.I toyed with not getting anything then thought heck why not.
Say hello and welcome to 
Prawn and lobster noodle salad with home grown/made chilli jam for starters in The Early Bird Eater house
Bring a large pan to boil
Put the lobster in the freezer when the water comes to boil quickly
put the lobster in the pot and put the lid on for 10-12-15mins depending on the size.

Deep fry some thin noodles till they go crisp
slice some tomato,finely slice some shallot and cucumber toast some sesame seeds.Drizzles the dressing of chilli add the lobster and prawns.
I also made slow cooked bbq chinese belly pork
The bowl has lime lemon spring onion and tomato with some fried noodles also.

With the belly pork from my local butchers

T L Norman - Butcher Princes Ave Hull



I cooked it for nine hours for a deep flavoured soft meat.

These decorations for Christmas 


This cake 
See more here 
My legs and a cupa at La Rosa 
No words just look 
By Artist
Matt Wisniewski
This amazing visual link
This gig I go to next Monday
These image I took when in Venice this year




Friday treats
I went to York the most lovely place to shop
With a friend from Leeds
See more of Brew&Brownie here
A lovely spot I found in York I was early so headed of the train to find somewhere nice to relax.
I had seen this place before on my walks and wanted badly to go in
I must confess I wanted to go in alone and try it out sometimes I actually don't want to share my finds till I have been there alone.
Okay a little naughty but it's a gem!


Of course I went to Bettys and Cath Kidston
Below are images from Bettys window.
Find out more about Bettys here http://www.bettys.co.uk/tea-rooms/locations/york

I love Bettys it's grand it's divine mostly it just the upper crust of all things marvellously sweet Yorkshire and in my dreams.

We had lunch at The lovely 
Darling it has awards only the best will do
  • AA AWARDS

    We are delighted to have been awarded 4* by the AA for our accommodation and a Rosette for our restaurant menu
With Yorkshire Caviar no less!

Darling we had many cocktails
My Kitty Coco snuggled with me whilst I watched the Saturday Matinee Easter Parade
With Judy Garland and Fred Astaire
Want to know more about the film?
My partner hates musicals and says he has endured years of them with not liking them.
I personally love them I used to sit for hours as a child with my nana singing the songs dancing around knowing all the words.I can't think of anything nicer than it!

Ade and I love it here nothing better than a great drink and some food for the soul.

 The lovely seating
 
 Always a nice view!
 
 I love the blending room coffee but I am tea girl mostly however I did finish this cup!See more here of The Blending Room
 
We was not expecting it to be cooked but hey it was divine I look forward as normal to going back again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment