Friday 31 January 2014

We all have artists we like a year or so ago I came across a lady who was very different.

I love colour and a certain vibe I guess feeling emotion and bags of attitude.

Her name is Sarah Hickey she is a true inspiration to me.

I often see her updates on Facebook and admire her work although I have only had the most basic of interaction with her because well I always assume people to be too busy or that I am just that smaller person that no-one would bother with.

I felt people might like to know some of the things I like.

Sarah seems to really have a detailed style about her work with a edge of glamour and grace about her and her work.

I imagine her to be a modest lady actually one with style and a very natural approach to life.

When I see her work I feel utterly in love with it it's not like you could mistake it for anything else!

I am not trying to flatter her with this on my blog it's the bold truth she has a very rare talent and woman to woman I applaud that.A recent profile photo of her shows you this.I really did not need to pour my heart out about her but it's like I feel I need to.





I do adore how Sarah is at one with her work.

Just look at all the colour,the life and the ease she is at!

I aspire to be so strong and to bloom with creative genes like her.

Of course we all have idols and such Sarah's art breaths fresh air to what I have seen and more than likely will see in the future.

If you'd like to see more about Sarah and her work more follow the link below.


https://www.facebook.com/Sarah.Hickey.Art.Page


I hope you all enjoy her work much like I do.


Kind Regards The Early Bird Eater x x x 

3 comments:

  1. Sydell I feel the same way I came across Sarah Hickey searching for Australian Artists for my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/australianartistsunited?ref=tn_tnmn and blog Australian Artists United. http://australianartistsunited.wordpress.com/ What struck me with Sarah's work was the vibrant bold colour, and the vintage women spoke to me of strength and endurance at one with nature and yet the works were soft and feminine. I am a total fan of Sarah's works cheers Karen Wiseman ( Australian Artists United) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sydell, what a beautiful post for a beautiful artist. i am lucky enough to be sarah's next door neighbour and i can vouch for the fact that she is as gorgeous in person as her artworks are on canvas :) she has the most positive approach to life and her creative process is amazing to watch (we are lucky enough to see canvases 'in progress'!)... she deserves every ounce of praise, and is a true inspiration. your lovely words would really mean so much to her, as she would never see anyone as a 'smaller person that no one would bother with'. thanks for a beautiful blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for leaving messages! Sarah is wonderful I really adore her work.I am new to blogging here so did not see your messages till now.I hope you both have had a great weekend x x x

    ReplyDelete